I totally snagged this picture from Cooking Light since I can't seem to remember to take pictures until we're looking at empty plates!
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 4 oz fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless tenderloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 bag cut green beans (I use the packaged green beans in the veggie section)
- Red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- Hot cooked white rice
Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Set aside.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Add beef to pan, and sauté for 4 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan.
Wipe pan dry with a paper towel. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan; heat over medium-high heat. Add beans and pepper to pan. Cover and cook 3 minutes. Uncover and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Return beef mixture to pan. Stir in broth mixture; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Serve with rice.